Taylor Brace Urbane is a light weight spinal brace providing full support and comprehensive coverage to thoracic lumbar-sacral spinal sections. The brace immobilizes the spine in a neutral position, still permitting the requisite body movement for normal activity while keeping the weak spine structure protected and incorrect posture.
Made out of malleable, lightweight, durable aluminum frame which has two rigid upright para-spinal bars, pre-contoured to keep the spine in its natural position. The semicircular splint at the base envelopes the hip joint along with
the sacrum for rigid immobilization of the entire vertebral column. It can be anatomically shaped for the perfect filling and rigid immobilization. Removable thoracic horizontal splint prevents rotation of the upper torso, provides additional immobilization and stability. All the splints provided are long enough to cover the anatomical regions at scapula, pelvis, and sacrum which are necessary for an effective immobilization.
The product is lined with PU foam padding ensuring excellent comfort. The shoulder pads are well cushioned with PU foam to prevent any axilla pressure, providing good holding and shoulder posture correction. The looped front panel at the abdomen provides customized tightening with a hook loop mechanism to achieve the desired fitting as per user needs. Snap-swivel buckle provides ease of wearing and removal of the product with minimal movement.
• Thoraco-lumbar injuries
• intervertebral disc problems
• Weakened Dorso-lumbar spine due to tuberculosis
• Post-operative rehabilitation
• Early Care of Tuberculosis of spine
• Post-surgical care of the thoracic spine
• Osteoporotic bone collapse in the thoracic and lumbar spine
• Juvenile Scheurmann's disease
• Vertebral fracture of the thoracic area
• Dorso- lumbar immobilizations
• Moldable in cold makes it possible to customize the splints for perfect contact, a high degree of immobilization and comfort
• No obstruction of the thoracic or abdominal breathing
• No restriction of the shoulder or the arm movement
• Bridging of the lumbar lordosis
• Relieves pressure on the affected spinal segments
• Light in weight
• Extremely comfortable
• Easy application and removal
• Both vertical and horizontal splints be removed, customized, and reinserted by a professional.
• Anatomical shape of the bare body should be used for splint shaping
• The splints should be placed at a correct anatomical position for effective product use
• Splint Placement
• Vertical splints should start from angle of scapula and end at S2 vertebrae [below belt level]
• Horizontal pelvic splint- should be placed at the level of AS IS for proper pelvic hold
• Use this product under the strict guidance of a qualified doctor.
• Discontinue use and seek the guidance of a qualified doctor, in case of
• Impaired sensation
• Impaired blood flow
• Allergy rash or itching
• Pain increases or persists
• Consult your doctor in case of concurrent use of another medical device.
• Misuse or improper use of the device can lead to adverse effects and decreased effectiveness.
• Follow instructions mentioned on the
My package turned up by Aus post courrier, he threw a box which looked like it was run over with his van, words exchanged, then opening the box the splints were out of shape (flat, looks more like being run over) still trying to shape them